Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Big girls

Harper chewing on her blanket
Ava in the saucer, she loves that mirror




Ava (on the left)-the drool machine

The girls had their last respiratory shot this morning and Ava weighed 15 lbs. 12 ounces and Harper weighed 14 lbs. 11 ounces. They are 7 months old now, and Lexi pointed out that they weigh 5 times what they weighed when they were born. I had to take a picture of Ava's little dimpled hand because its just so fun to see them this pudgy after seeing them so tiny when they were born. I was thinking today how it is easier to take care of them by myself now since they play for longer periods, but packing them both around isn't getting easier. I told them today as I was struggling to get up off the floor while holding one of them--that Grandma really needs to lift more weights! Ava is starting to scoot backwards on her tummy now, and it is sure funny to put them both on their tummies and watch their little arms and legs flailing around as they try so hard to figure out how to crawl. Having twin grandbabies is so special, might be twice the work but you are rewarded with twice the smiles and giggles, oh, and they love my singing, they actually smile when I sing. All the other kids would stop crying maybe but just stare at me...
Oh, and something else I have forgotten to write about, Harper can pick up things with her toes, she definitely takes after her Grandma.


No comments:

Post a Comment