Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Potty practice

It was hot out this morning so we filled their pool, put on their swim diapers, swimsuits and sandals and head outside. They play around in the water a little and then head to the teeter-totter. Then I smell a messy diaper, I ask "who's poopy?"
Ava says "I pooped!"
Harper says "No, I pooped!" back and forth, louder and louder this conversation goes on. Finally after checking Ava's diaper we go back in the house, I change Ava and put her suit and sandals back on. Then Harper goes in the bathroom, gets the potty seat out and puts it on the toilet, gets the stool and says she needs to go. So I strip her down and she climbs up, sits down, oops, forgot books, gets down for books, then Ava says she needs to go again, so I strip her down and she sits down, then gets back up for books, too. They sit there for awhile, getting up periodically to see if anything has appeared, but nothing happens, so I dress them once more and we go back outside.
They are so enthusiastic about this process, hopefully soon it is all going to click for them and they will breeze right through potty training!


No comments:

Post a Comment