Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The magic oven

Sadly, Rielee saw her Papa through new eyes today. She came home from school, and Papa was showing her our new stove. He proceeded to tell her how it was a special stove-that all you had to do was get your food ready to go in the oven and an automatic arm would come out of the oven and grab the pan and put it in the oven. She was so impressed by this news, I tried to intervene at that point and asked her if that sounded like it could be true, but she said "yes, of course!" She hurried and got some chicken nuggets out of the freezer to bake so she could see this magic arm. It the meantime, Papa took off for town, leaving me to explain his big fat story. When I told her it wasn't true, there was no arm, she said "But Papa told me there was!", she was crushed. I then had to explain that sometimes Papa likes to make up stories...she was not happy at all, and I'm sure he will hear about it from her tomorrow as soon as she gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment