Monday, April 18, 2011

Kids at work

After a freezing morning, it finally warmed up enough in the afternoon to take the girls out for a walk. They have been a little cranky because they both have molars coming in, but outside they are very happy campers. The older kids have half-days for the next two weeks for conferences, and I love having them around to entertain the twins. Today though, after the girls left, I put them to work. I hired Brock (who is working for money to go to the Kansas Jayhawks basketball camp in June) and Parker to haul brush and cut fern fronds. I think they hauled 5 loads . Also, Auna and Rielee picked up cones, a penny per cone. Rielee had a little trouble counting, she went from 199 to a million. I told her I couldn't compute how many pennies are in a million, she better have 200, she ended up with 299, Auna had 900. They all worked hard, and kept at it even though they got rained and hailed on.


No comments:

Post a Comment