Friday, January 22, 2010

Intervention-nahh


Charb was laughing (I think) this morning when we met him and he said he was thinking of having a "Grandparent's Intervention". It seems that he thinks the Twin's Grandparents, both sets, are perhaps holding them too much and when they (the parents) get them home and try to put them down, the twins cry...So, I took this picture today as proof that no, I do put Ava down after she falls asleep. I don't hold her all the time.
One problem, however, could perhaps lie with Papa and Harper, who today power-napped so soundly for so long that he even forgot about picking up Rielee from school.
Fortunately, it dawned on me with about 5 minutes to spare, and she wasn't the last kid left.
It is just so easy with two babies for each of us to be interacting, playing and holding one of them whenever they want to be held. They do entertain themselves more and more every day now. Soon they are going to be up and moving and won't want to be held and cuddled as much. So we, as their Grandparents, intend to hold them all we can while we can. We have a feeling that Charb will understand.
Rielee was slightly put off at the news that the babies were here, again, when I picked her up, but she got over it quickly when I reminded her that it was Friday and her treat-day, and Papa would take her back to town later. She told me that she thought that Harper was going to be the "wild" child, that she just had that look in her eyes. Oh oh.
I tried out the Tele-Tubbies video with Harper today, and she liked it. Sat in her swing kicking her legs and getting so excited while watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment