Monday, May 23, 2016

James grad party, Dollar store, water color painting

We went to James' graduation party yesterday at the Theatre Pub, he and Parker posed for me.  They were cracking up as James was telling stories, stories I didn't need to hear, yikes, teenagers!  Alan had made a slide show of pictures of James growing up, Ava let me know she wasn't happy with it since she was only in 2 of them. 

After the party I promised the girls a trip to the Dollar Store, Ava was excited to find a bell to use when they play restaurant.

They also found lots of art supplies.

Harper reminded me this morning that I also promised them they could paint this weekend, they had brought some watercolors, fortunately they had gotten up early enough to do it.  Ava messed up her first picture of flowers, but then surprised me with a picture to show what the ground is made up of- "grass, soil, rocks, pebbles, water, and something water can't get through", she couldn't recall, but Harper remembered it- "basalt".   They learned it on their field trip last week to the Water Resource Center.  We were impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment